Snort mailing list archives

Re: Linux recommendations

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 20:54:44 -0500

On 11/9/2010 12:57, Eoin Miller wrote:
We like Ubuntu Server LTS, current is 10.04:

+1000 ;)

http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/

Nice thing about Ubuntu LTS is the five year release cycle. More info here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Server/TechSpecs/1004LTS

It is nice to know that you aren't going to have to do full OS upgrades
every year or so.

i haven't done a "full OS upgrade" since i installed my LTS servers... unless
you are counting the moves from one LTS version to another LTS version... last
one i did took about an hour on each of my servers... in place and in operation
during the process, too ;)