Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] [Snort-devel] Snort 2.9.0.1 Now Available

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 21:12:34 -0400

On 11/3/2010 12:46, Mike Lococo wrote:
This is for /rules/, remember.  Current version, and one back is the
standard.  We'll take a look at the life cycle, wording, and policy on
the website to see if any modifications need to be made to clarify anything.

I think most folks would rather have the practice changed to match the
written policy than the other way around.  That is: rule support for the
current version and one *major* version back.

BINGO! and the only way to force that is to *boycott* snort since common,
prolific, earnest and professional conversation is apparently /NOT/ taken into
account... what will it take besides loosing $$$ and market-share before snort
starts listening to their users???