Snort mailing list archives

Re: (snort_decoder) WARNING: IP dgm len > captured len!

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:11:12 -0400

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Martin Roecker <roecker () linogate de> wrote:

since were running snort in version 2.9.0 packets with a
bigger size than 1369 bytes are droped by snort. This happens
when we run snort in inline mode using the ipq daq.

UPDATE: when I start snort with "--snaplen 1518" it is working
fine. Is it possible that the length calculated is wrong?

The IPQ and NFQ DAQs had an internal buffer limitation that is fixed in the
latest release.

Martin