Snort mailing list archives

snort-2.9.0 prereqs

From: Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:32:55 -0400

I'm working on an updated package for a source based distro (Gentoo).
With the changes to Snort 2.9, I need to verify what the build
requirements (specifically related to libdnet and libnet) are with
2.9.

Pre-2.9
-------------------------------------
flexresp2 required libdnet
flexresp, react, and inline required libnet-1.0.2a

In 2.9
--------------------------------

I need to know which of the following (if any) in 2.9 requires libdnet
or libnet.

--enable-flexresp3
--enable-react

Also, do the pcap, afpacket, or dump DAQ require libdnet or libnet?
The README in the DAQ tarball only states that IPQ and NFQ need
libdnet, so I'm guessing the answer is no, but I wanted to double
check.

Thx,
Wally