Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.8.6 performance

From: Matt Olney <molney () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 18:50:21 -0400

From a performance perspective, there are three rules we need to address:

4677, 4676 and 17468.  Those three rules address significantly older bugs,
and I'd recommend you disable them unless you need them for known
vulnerabilities.  A fix to those three bugs will be in the next rule
release.

I know you have 10 rules on your list, but a majority of them have a very
low check number.  These three have a high microsecond evaluation time and a
large number of checks.

Matt

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Jefferson, Shawn <