Snort mailing list archives

Re: command line options...

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:22:17 -0400

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:34 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>wrote:

On 9/23/2010 16:22, Jefferson, Shawn wrote:
It's definitely in the config.log in the directory where you ran
configure/make if you still have that around.

yes, actually, i do still have that on the devel box with its "unique"
build
environment... thanks to you and others who have responded... i was hoping
that
there was a command line option so that those who get/use pre-compiled
versions
of snort would have a method of listing them...

You can also run:

pkg-config --cflags snort

etc.  If snort.pc is in an unusual place, set this:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="<path to snort.pc>"

it seems that our build environment is pretty generic and i would have to
say
that our snort is compiled with "default options" as there's really nothing
passed to it in configure :?

wonder what we're missing and how important it may be :/

additionally, i wonder how much more memory footprint and processor time
enabling the VRT recommended options will take... our target platforms are
older, small "throw away" boxes that otherwise have no use for many... the
base
units i generally recommend only have 512M RAM and 700mhz CPUs... but then
again, our aim is for the "little guys" (SOHO, individuals) to have a
decent box
that provides decent protection... snort (in IDS) mode is a nice feature
and one
of my projects takes that a step further and provides automated reactive

Nokia and AT&T present the 2010 Calling All Innovators-North America
contest
$10 million total in prizes - $4M cash, 500 devices, nearly $6M in
marketing
http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev