Snort mailing list archives

Re: Oinkmaster can't get rules

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:04:08 -0600

I took the opportunity to upgrade to Pulledpork, and I am glad that I did... It took about an hour or so, to get it
configured properly, move over all my disabled rules from oinkmaster and verify that it was working properly, etc...

The best benefit, besides the SO rules download, is the ability to disable rules based on a regex... that is awesome.
I've disabled all the Novell, and AIX rules for instance on my network, since I don't run those OSes, which makes Snort
run faster and my life easier (since I don't have to troll through the rules files looking for the right rules...)

I'm not sure that I like the "one big rule file" system it uses, but that's a minor thing.

Thanks for the great tool, JJ.