Snort mailing list archives

Re: upgrade problems 2.5.2 to 2.8.6

From: Matt Olney <molney () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:12:49 -0400

In all honesty, one does not upgrade from 2.5.2 to 2.8.6.  The
configurations are different because every preprocessor has been
upgraded and there are many new preprocessors.  The rule set is
substantially enlarged and contains a number of new rule options.  .so
rules are added, which are a whole separate concern.

So, in short, it would be best to implement 2.8.6 and then cut over to
it.  I hope the distinction is useful.

Matt