Snort mailing list archives

Re: Daemonlogger and BPF

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 01:10:09 -0400

Hi Randy,

Your expression rejects all packets, as Jason said.  I think you want
to use "or" instead of "and" there.

Daemonlogger uses the same BPF file format as all libpcap-derived
programs (tcpdump, snort, etc).  I guess I should mention that in the
docs. :)  If you want to read up on it before I get an update out the
door just 'man tcpdump' and it should all be in there.

Marty