Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unable to configure unified2 output

From: Mike Lococo <mikelococo () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:08:01 -0400

Nick,

I recently attempted to migrate to merged alert/log unified2 output
using the following config:

I would recommend simply using the unified2 logger and then creating all
of your output from Barnyard2. The whole reason that the unified output
was created was to fork off most of the output processes so that Snort
could process packets faster.

If you read through the barnyard2.conf file in the installed code,
you'll find lots of output options there.

Thanks for your response, but I think I might have been unclear in my
original post.  I'm _trying_ to configure unified2 per the instructions
in the barnyard2 docs, and it's not working (I get the default
log_tcpdump behavior instead, as though I had no output module configured).

I'm not actually trying to get log_unified2 or log_unified output at
all... I only documented those tests to demonstrate that the rest of my
snort infrastructure is functional, because they both behave as expected.

Thanks,
Mike Lococo