Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] VRT Release 2010-02-23 uses "detection_filter"

From: David Guimaraes <skysbsb () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:19:27 -0300

Since March 25, my snort sensor stopped working. Verifying the cause of the
problem, I noticed that a new option (detection_filter) added to the current
version of Snort, was used in some VRT rules that was automatically added to
my set of rules by oinkmaster.

Looking for a fix that would enable use my snort 2.8.4.1 integrated with
SnortSam (which does not have a patch for the current version of snort), I
tried to solve the problem by adding the following line in oinkmaster.conf:

modifysid * "detection_filter\s*:" | "threshold:type threshold, "

After runing oinkmaster again, everything was ok..

$ /etc/init.d/snort start
Starting Network Intrusion Detection System : snort (eth0 no
/etc/snort/snort.eth0.conf found, defaulting to snort.conf ...done).

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 2:05 PM, evilghost () packetmail net <