Snort mailing list archives

Re: Need help 'log to' option of the snort rule

From: L0rd Ch0de1m0rt <l0rdch0de1m0rt () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:01:07 -0500

If it were me l would use the http_header content modifier to improve
performance.  YouTube videos embedded in non-YouTube pages will still
cause the browser to connect to YouTube when played and they should
send the Host header (I confirmed this with the latest version of
FireFox on Windows).

I will also note that there seem to be a number of errors in the snort
manual and some things do not work exactly like the manual describes
so it should be taken with a grain of salt :)

-L0rd Ch0de1m0rt