Snort mailing list archives

host attribute table - feature request

From: "Crook, Parker" <Parker_Crook () reyrey com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:35:11 -0400

After speaking with Andy about getting hogger to create the host attribute table, he asked how he would know if Snort
successfully slurped up the attribute file.  I did some checking on my installation and went through the logs and
noticed there is not any sort of indication of whether or not Snort is using a host attribute table.

Would it be possible to add this feature so that we can receive confirmation that we are or are not using the host
attribute feature? (similar to the message on PCAP frames)

Thank you,

Parker Crook