Snort mailing list archives

Snort 3 beta: Unable to load analyzer module "/usr/local/lib/snort/snort.so"

From: Gustav Koller <gustavkoller () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:24:38 +0000

Hello, I'm trying to get the snort 3 beta 3 running

I can't load the snort.so analyzer module.

A analyzer.help already fails:
analyzer.help("/usr/local/lib/snort/snort.so")
dlsym failed on "/usr/local/lib/snort/snort.so" -
/usr/local/lib/snort/snort.so: undefined symbol: s_analyzer_mod
Unable to load analyzer module "/usr/local/lib/snort/snort.so"
Failed to create analyzer using "/usr/local/lib/snort/snort.so"

I check the snort.so file with objdump --syms and s_analyzer_mod isn't there.

dummy and slua got the s_analyzer_mod symbol.

It compiled but I saw a lot of these "errors":
eval: 1: libtool_args+=: not found
eval: 1: compile_command+=: not found
eval: 1: finalize_command+=: not found

Is this intended?