Snort mailing list archives

Re: Proxy Servers generating false positives

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:48:59 +1300

On 10/31/2009 04:38 PM, Chan, Wilson wrote:
Bpf'ing the proxy servers would be the extreme. Would I be better off disabling the rules or creating thresholds for
the websites that are false positives. One site that triggered an alarm was source from our proxy server to cnn.com's
website.

You really need to say what rules are triggering, otherwise this is all
speculation and guesses.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417