Snort mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a RECENT howto document for Ubuntu

From: justin joseph <justinjoseph007 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:12:36 +0530

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Peter Pauly <ppauly () gmail com> wrote:
1. I'm looking for a recent how-to document for snort on Ubuntu,
preferably using packages.

2. I plan to start with it in IDS and when I'm comfortable then
reinstall with snort-inline IPS.

3. Is snort-inline built-in to the distribution packages now or does
it still require a recompile from source?

I use hardy, snort-inline support is not enabled in the distro package.
You will have to compile from source with --enable-inline.