Snort mailing list archives

IPv6 Header

From: Edurne Izaguirre <soyedurne () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:30:47 +0100

Hello everyone,

I'm working with Snort in an IPv6 environments to make some experiments. And I have some question related to this topic.

In the last Web Seminar it was said that all of Snort is supported on IPv6. However, it doesn't talk about the options
made for the IP Header. Is there support enough to work with IP Header Fields? Is there options for the new fields? How
does Snort work with the Extensions Header? What happens if our attacker puts some arbitrary routing or fragmentation
header in the packet?

Thank you very much,
Edurne

¿Sabías que ahora puedes hablar por Messenger desde Hotmail con todos tus contactos? Revisa tu correo mientras
conversas con tus amigos.
http://www.hotmail.com