Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multi-sensor setup

From: William Young <williamdyoung () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:50:26 -0400

Even if you're tracking internal users to the internet, Snort is better
suited inside the firewall.  I assumed the firawall is providing dynamic
NAT.
Outside the firewall, all those users 'malicious or unwanted' activity will
be source IP'ed to the firewall. Keep it inside. You'll see everything you
need and the firewall logs will give you session drop assurance.

-wdy
William Young