Snort mailing list archives

Re: v2.8.4 incorrect logging to MySQL

From: Stephen Reese <rsreese () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:32:12 -0400

Also note I start with an empty DB and I meant Snort Version 2.8.4 (Build 26)

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Stephen Reese <rsreese () gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Danny Paul <JDPAUL () gocolumbiamo com> wrote:
Well, like I said - it's writing to the events table, but it's not writing to the sensors or signatures table.  Of
course if those tables were already populated (in an upgrade situation, for example) that would not be a big issue
until new signatures came out or new sensors came online. In my case I was doing a test install before upgrade and
noticed that the new version no longer would populate those two tables.

Can anyone else duplicate this? Obviously you'd have to start with an empty database. :-)

Correction, mine is also not writing to the sensor or signature tables.

Base 1.4.1, Snort 2.8.1, and 5.0.32 on Linux debian 2.6.18-6-686

$ mysql -uroot -p -D snort -e "select count(*) from event"
+----------+
| count(*) |
|       57 |

$ mysql -uroot -p -D snort -e "select count(*) from signature"
| count(*) |

$ mysql -uroot -p -D snort -e "select count(*) from sensor"