Snort mailing list archives

Re: v2.8.4 incorrect logging to MySQL

From: "Danny Paul" <JDPAUL () GoColumbiaMO com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 12:11:33 -0500

Well, like I said - it's writing to the events table, but it's not writing to the sensors or signatures table.  Of
course if those tables were already populated (in an upgrade situation, for example) that would not be a big issue
until new signatures came out or new sensors came online. In my case I was doing a test install before upgrade and
noticed that the new version no longer would populate those two tables.

Can anyone else duplicate this? Obviously you'd have to start with an empty database. :-)

On 4/11/2009 at 11:51 AM, in message
<665172f40904110951j23451026q7f98769d5b98f49a () mail gmail com>,