Snort mailing list archives

Re: v2.8.4 incorrect logging to MySQL

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:14:24 -0400 (EDT)

I've brought up the issue many times here. I started to develop my own
version when Firnsy over at Securix let me know their intentions. I left
the issue because it looked like they had a good thing (and still do).

http://www.securixlive.com/barnyard2/index.php

I'm still working on a different type of replacement that supports more
databases. There's a few things in front of the que right now, but I'd
like to have something done by summer.

I just don't like the idea of a product/company saying "only use this
module" when that module is abandoned. If you truly are removing direct DB
output, then dedicate a resource or two to a "supported" output parser for
unified2 (which is what I'm focused on).

Randy