Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort multiple sensor configuration

From: "Stephen Reese" <rsreese () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:11:53 -0400

Let me ask. What are your trying to accomplish with the inside span?
Just watching internal to internal?

Yes. If someone decides to bring in their Windows ME box to a branch
and plug it in then I would like to see malicious traffic that may be
geared towards the 'main network'. The branch locations have little
support in regards to IT.