Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort generates alerts when I use rsync to download files

From: Alberto Colosi/SI/RM/GSI/it <alberto.colosi () sistinf it>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:32:04 +0200

hi, an information.

while working snort 2.8.3 have stopped to log inside syslog.

I have restarted my machine and I have restarted snort many times. It is
inline compiled but not working in inline.

After different tests I have runned it not in DAEMON mode and I got a
"sending netlink message:              Connection Refused"

why it happened? I have changed nothing ....... or at least I think so. No
other users could have changed anything becouse noone compile or configure
anything there.

Running snort without -Q, not reading from IPTABLES, it has started to
work again.

What's on??.

Alberto Colosi
IBM Global Business Services