Snort mailing list archives

Re: Logging Reassembled Packets

From: "Kamran Shafi" <kamran.shafi () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:37:04 +1100

I notice that there is a show_rebuilt_packets option in steam5_global
configuration, which I have turned on but don't know if it is producing
anything. I run snort on some traffic collected on a web/dns/mysql server
using -r flag. The log shows that snort filters out the server's response
and keeps only the inbound traffic - I am not sure if this behaviour is
because of the stream 5 processor or else?

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>