Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.6.1.3 ignoring stream4

From: Nigel Houghton <nigel () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:34:12 -0400

On  0, Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 14:50 -0400, Paul Melson wrote:

If performance is more important that the slightly higher accuracy in
alerts, why not run an older version of Snort? (like 2.4.x)  No need to
always HAVE the latest versions of software. I still use some software
from the late nineties because it still works great and gives me what I
need (interestingly, a lot of these are less bloated and more stable
that newer versions of the same or similar products.... hmmmmm....)

For the benefit of the less experienced people on this list, please do not
use older versions of Snort, for any reason.

See:

 http://www.snort.org/dl/old/

 "You should not use these unless you really know what you are doing.
 Many bugs may have been fixed, including remote vulnerabilities"

--
Nigel Houghton
Office Linebacker