Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Snort not righting to DB

From: "Louis Bohm" <lbohm () adnexustx com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:18:19 -0400

I am having a bad typing day.....

So now that I have barnyard running and snort (supposedly) righting to:
        output alert_unified: filename snort.alert, limit 256
        output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 256

I have 4 interfaces on this machine.  One to communicate to it and 3 in
passive mode.  Snort is righting to
/var/log/snort/{interface}/snort.log.{some number}.  Is barnyard smart
enough to look in to all the interface directories and read the
snort.log file?  Or do I need to do something different?

Lastly, is Barnyard the best tool for loading the data in to the
database or would something like Syslog-NG be better?

Louis

~~
Louis Bohm
Network Administrator