Snort mailing list archives

Fwd: Snort not righting to DB

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:15:24 -0400

joel esler | security consultant | Sourcefire | pgp  key is public

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Louis Bohm" <lbohm () adnexustx com>
Date: June 20, 2007 9:01:16 AM EDT
To: "Joel Esler" <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort not righting to DB

Here is my startup command line.

/usr/sbin/snort -A fast -b -d -D -I -i eth1 -u snort -g snort -c / etc/snort/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort/eth1

If I did what you suggest (using a unified output module) what would you recommend I use to do this? What are the differences between the output modules? I ask because I have never used them before.

Louis

~~
Louis Bohm
Network Administrator