Snort mailing list archives

Re: Log HTTP(S) URLs

From: Patrik Israelsson <patrik.israelsson () sentor se>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:29:24 +0100

Huh?

I believe you've missed the very point of HTTPS, which is that it is encrypted
by definition. The Snort FAQ indeed states that you can use Snort to log HTTP
requests, but you will never be able to do the same for HTTPS as all its
traffic is encrypted (well, if you knew the key for the session in question
you could theoretically decrypt it, but that's something else).

Regards,
Patrik