Snort mailing list archives

Re: Putting -o in config file?

From: Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:48:57 +0000

thanks, I was being dense, looked through the users manual twice and
didn't see it, but it's at the top of the Config table 2.1. It wasn't
commented in my default snort.conf and there isn't a man for it on my
system it seems...

-h

Hari Sekhon

Matthew Watchinski wrote:
config order: pass alert log

Hari Sekhon wrote:
I wanted to exclude a couple of machine from alerts so I created the
rules in local.rules using pass statements. This works if snort is
started with the -o switch.

The thing is, I'm keeping a central configuration and I can't easily
go round to all the machines and guarantee that snort will be run
with the -o flag. Really I need to be able to do this inside the
config which I deploy.

Is it possible to get the same effect inside the configs without
doing some sledgehammer thing like disabling those checks? Basically
can I put -o inside the snort.conf or something?

-h