Snort mailing list archives

Putting -o in config file?

From: Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:55:56 +0000

I wanted to exclude a couple of machine from alerts so I created the
rules in local.rules using pass statements. This works if snort is
started with the -o switch.

The thing is, I'm keeping a central configuration and I can't easily go
round to all the machines and guarantee that snort will be run with the
-o flag. Really I need to be able to do this inside the config which I
deploy.

Is it possible to get the same effect inside the configs without doing
some sledgehammer thing like disabling those checks? Basically can I put
-o inside the snort.conf or something?

-h

--
Hari Sekhon