Snort mailing list archives

Re: rules downloads and

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 06:29:55 -0700 (PDT)

I tell ya personally I wouldn't be relying on anything
too heavily when it involves FREE software/services. I
would always expect the worse to happen and be
prepared for it. Snort can drop the product at the
drop of a hat and wouldn't be any worse off for it. I
bet they've been planning for years as to how they're
going to do just that. So far, it looks like a very
slow and gradual move from free software to paid.

I leave the real protections of our networks to
devices and services we pay for.

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 1