Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort-inline vs. snort with inline ??

From: Victor Julien <victor () nk nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:43:27 +0200

Michael W Cocke wrote:
I'm trying to work out what the difference is between running
snort-inline and snort compiled 'with-inline'...  Is there any?  Which
is better? (I know better is subjective, but give me a clue or two).

In the snort_inline project we develop new IPS related features. The
guys at SourceFire can later include them into the main tree if they
choose to.

- netlink_queue support on linux
- improved freebsd support
- better stream handling (we can actually drop an attack detected in the
reassembled stream)
- stickydrop
- bait-and-switch
- clamav patch
- beeing able to drop evasions detected in stream4

Like Will said, this all gets much less testing so it remains a bit
experimental in nature :-)

Regards,
Victor