Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort packet loss rate

From: Justin Heath <jheath () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:55:31 -0400

What version of libpcap are you using? I ask because there seems to be an
issue regarding version 0.9.4 counting received packets twice.

Thanks,
Justin Heath

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 03:51, Jin Fang wrote:
I have deployed snort in a gigabyte interface.
I noticed that the packet loss rate is quite high,
over 80%. Even after I disabled all preprocessors,
Also the kernel has been compiled with device_polling
option and this freebsd box has 4GB memory.
What is now the factor to affect this loss rate?

Thanks
Jin