Snort mailing list archives

Re: HOW DOES ONE STOP an alert file from being Produced?

From: Dirk Geschke <Dirk_Geschke () genua de>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:58:51 +0100

Hi Raymond,

Thanks that did work however now I am getting binary files
named: snort.log.1144223288 in /var/log/snort.
Can you tell me where these files are coming from?

this is the logging part, option "-Y" works only for alert,
to disable logging there is already option "-N":

        -N         Turn off logging (alerts still work)

In fact, option "-Y" is nearly the same one only for alerts...

Best regards

Dirk
--
| Dr. Dirk Geschke            | E-mail: Dirk_Geschke () genua de |
| Security System Management  | Tel.  : +49-(0)-89-991950-131 |