Snort mailing list archives

Re: modifying priority on certain rules

From: Christina McAghon <cmcaghon () sungardsct com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:52:24 -0500

Thanks for the feedback.  However, the problem isn't with how I change the
rule, it's the fact that the updated priority isn't taking effect.

In my oinkmaster.conf, I added the line:
modifysid 2466 "classtype:protocol-command-decode;" |
"classtype:protocol-command-decode; priority:2;"

That successfully updates the rule, but the priority is still coming
through as the default (3).

Thanks again, oinkmaster is great ;)

Christina

Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
02/21/2006 05:30 PM

Christina McAghon <cmcaghon () sungardsct com>
cc
snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject
Re: [Snort-users] modifying priority on certain rules