Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multiple alerts for a single packets

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:33:02 -0500

1.  You will receive multiple alerts by default.

2. You can change the maximum number of logged events for a given packet or stream by setting the "log" parameter in the "config event_queue" module. You can also order events by priority or content length.

For further information on the event_queue module, please see page 85 in the Snort PDF manual available at www.snort.org/docs

Joel Esler
SOURCEfire