Snort mailing list archives

Re: Oinkmaster Update

From: Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:34:17 +0200

On Monday 24 October 2005 05:01, Bill Parker wrote:
Hi All,

    I was doing my weekly check through for oinkmaster, and I got the
following messages:
WARNING: duplicate SID in downloaded archive, SID=3156
Has anyone else seen this behavior with OinkMaster?

They introduced rules with duplicate sids in the rules archives again
(it has nothing to do with Oinkmaster except that it will detect it and
warn you). snortrules-snapshot-2.3.tar.gz currently contains dups for
sid 3157, 3156, 2190, 3197. snortrules-snapshot-2.4.tar.gz contains dup
for sid 2350. Oinkmaster will only keep the rule with the highest
revision number so it's harmless but annoying.

/Andreas