Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re: Suppress alerts

From: João Mota <joao () 3gnt net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:49:03 +0100

Peter Rodger wrote:

+-----------------------[suppression]------------------------------------------
| gen-id=119 sig-id=4 tracking=dstip=0.0.0.0 mask=0.0.0.0

| gen-id=122 sig-id=27 tracking=dstip=0.0.0.0 mask=0.0.0.0

| gen-id=122 sig-id=19 tracking=dstip=0.0.0.0 mask=0.0.0.0

*****************

It looked like it reads the threshold.conf...
Yes it is.

Any help will be appreciated.  I am just too upset
with that.
Well... the gen/sid id pairs also appear to be right. My guess is that you are using Barnyard and reading old alert files. If you are, try using the bookmarking feature ( -w ). If you're not, and if you aren't mixing up output files I haven't got a clue. My sugestion in this later case is to use the linux banner command and write a big ascii-art HELP to the mailing list attaching all info possible:

-desired behaviour (yes again, I had to dig inside my mail trash to find your first message)
-snort.conf and comand line options used
-threshold.conf
-snort version
-pieces of output logs where it happens
-barnyard conf and comand line options used (if you are using it)
-all the paths to the files you are submiting

Good luck,
João

P.S. Don't reply to my address... i'm already receiving duplicate mails when you post to more than one mailing-list.