Snort mailing list archives

Re: Serious Snort Bug Could Lead To Next Slammer

From: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:22:15 -0400

Just to make sure there is no confusion, this is regarding the vulnerability found in the Back Orifice preprocessor in Snort 2.4.0-2.4.2. Snort 2.4.3 has been released to correct the issue and provide detection capabilities for attempts to exploit the vulnerability. This was announced on the site and mailing lists on October 18, 2005 at 9:18am EDT.

Complete details are available at http://www.snort.org/rules/advisories/snort_update_20051018.html.

As always, let me know if anyone has any questions.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Michael Steele wrote:
I found this: