Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID and sid-msg.map file

From: Guillaume Arcas <guillaume.arcas () free fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:22:34 +0200

Bahya NASSR EDDINE a écrit :

By the way, by which program is the sid-msg.map file
used?

Programs like Barnyard that do post-processing of trafic dumped by snort.

I actually download updates for snort rules from
different URLs, so I have to generate the sid-msg.map
file using a script... however, I don't know what does
exactly this file serve to?

It can be used to filter alerts (see thresold.conf file for some
examples). Very usefull to limit or trigger down some verbose
preprocessors and decoders.

Regards,

--

Guillaume Arcas