Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID and sid-msg.map file

From: Bahya NASSR EDDINE <bahya_nassr () yahoo fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:15:57 +0200 (CEST)

Thank you for your response,

By the way, by which program is the sid-msg.map file
used?
I actually download updates for snort rules from
different URLs, so I have to generate the sid-msg.map
file using a script... however, I don't know what does
exactly this file serve to?

Any idea please?

Thanks again

--- Guillaume Arcas <guillaume.arcas () free fr> a écrit
:

Bahya NASSR EDDINE a écrit :
Hi everybody,

The sid-msg.map file is used for
post-processing/displaying events. I'd like to
understand how is it used by ACID? how does ACID
know
where to find that file and how does it use it?

ACID does not use this file.
By the way, you should now use BASE instead of
(quite deprecated) ACID.
http://secureideas.sourceforge.net/

Best regards,

Guillaume Arcas

"L'amour, comme la foudre et le génie, procède
volontiers
par brusques lueurs." (A. Allais)