Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Beer Question

From: Dominik Gehl <dgehl () inverse ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:43:49 -0400

Did you install MySQL through RPM ? If yes, you should be able to start
the daemon with
service mysqld start

The mysql executable is only the client and is trying to connect to an
already running server ...

Dominik

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 06:32 -0700, Theodore Stout wrote:
Hello there,

I am drinking Asahi Super Dry right now.

This is the message I got
[root@localhost support-files]#
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
[root@localhost support-files]#

/etc/my.cnf is set as:

# The following options will be passed to all MySQL
clients
[client]
#password       = password
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

# Here follows entries for some specific programs

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

--- Dominik Gehl <dgehl () inverse ca> wrote:

Hi,

the server socket value can be set with

[mysqld]
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

in the /etc/my.cnf file.

Did you restart MySQL after changing the socket
value in this file ? Do
you have any MySQL error messages in your logs ? Is
the mysql server
process running ?

Dominik

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 03:52 -0700, Theodore Stout