Snort mailing list archives

RE: installing snort

From: "Patrick Harper" <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:28:26 -0500

Please don't spam all the list when the question only belongs on one.  That
is very rude.

As for your question I would recommend using the guides one snort.org
(linux) or winsnort.com (windows) and just modifying them to all report to
one console.  You will have to do some reading and digging, but like your
sig line says, True enterprise security comes through diligence, not from a
box

P.S. I think we should add 10 penalty drinks for sending a question to every
snort list there is.  How many would that make it for this post?  .sig over
4 lines, html, what else?
http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/drinking_game.txt