Snort mailing list archives

Re: New Snort 2.2 Rules

From: Eric Hines <eric.hines () appliedwatch com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:33:21 -0500

Walt,

I would recommend going over to your Snort sensor and making sure none
of the rules you downloaded (bleeding-edge?) etc.. broke Snort. Run a ps
listing and make sure Snort did not fail on restart. To get a verbose
output in the case that it is failing due to something in the snort.conf
or rulesets, run it from the command line in verbose mode: snort
-c /path/to/snort.conf -v

Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President