Snort mailing list archives

RE: FC4 and RHEL4 binaries?

From: "Patrick Harper" <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:14:51 -0500

By binary I am assuming that you are talking about an RPM or other package
format.  If you compile from source then it will work great on whatever you
compile it on, and you get to make your own binary.   There is a guide for
CentOS 4, and RHEL 4 on the snort.org site that can walk you through that
and configuration.  I am working on an updated guide for the new versions of
base and snort that I will send in soon.