Snort mailing list archives

RE: Appliances using free software

From: "Jeff Dell" <jdell () activeworx com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:10:04 -0400

I thought we were done with the marketing on this list...

Unlike Sourcefire, we allow you to use the free, open source
version of Snort instead of requiring our appliance purchase.

Before you say what a competitor can or can't do in a public forum you
should really check to see if it is true.

From: http://www.sourcefire.com/products/is_agent.html

The Sourcefire Intrusion Agent allows open source Snort users to do more
than just detect intrusions; it enables a single Sourcefire Defense Center
to aggregate event information from one or more Snort sensors alongside data
from Sourcefire Intrusion Sensors and Sourcefire RNA sensors.

Cheers,

Jeff