Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT: Recording IM sessions

From: "Alex Butcher, ISC/ISYS" <Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:51:47 +0100

--On 21 June 2005 16:21 -0700 Chris Lyon <cslyon () gmail com> wrote:

This might be a little off topic but we have gotten a few alerts, from
snort, for people saying things they should not be saying on the
internet. The problem is, it is a little hard to put the conversation
back to together and I was wondering if there is a program that is out
there that will put together IM sessions for me. Any ideas or
feedback?

Use snort's session tagging on IM rules, log via FLoP, and reassemble sessions from the database using FLoP's 'getpacket'. Load the file into ethereal, and 'follow TCP stream'.

Best Regards,
Alex.