Snort mailing list archives

RE: Can Snort monitor multiple VLANs?

From: "Peter Barton" <PBarton () iesi com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:01:57 -0500

If you are having Snort log directly to MySql then the easiest way to do
it is to have multiple instances of Snort running, one for each
interface.

My question to everyone is, what if you use Barnyard to write to MySql
and have Snort just write to binary files.  I still have multiple
instances of Snort running, but I can only seem to get one instance of
Barnyard running.  Is there a trick to this or am I just going about
this the wrong way?

Thanks,

Peter Barton