Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems with socket

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:30:03 -0500

--On Friday, April 29, 2005 07:47:24 PM +0400 slice <1unixoid () list ru> wrote:

Hello, all!
I have installed snort 2.3.2 with mysql support and also
acid-0.9.6b23. When I clicked in browser in 127.0.0.1/acid/ i have
this error:

First of all, dump acid now and get base. Base is the logical extension of acid and is updated regularly whereas acid is not updated at all. http://secureideas.sourceforge.net/

Secondly, it's really tough to give advice without know what OS you're using, whether you installed a package or compiled from source, how you're starting mysql, whether or not you can login to mysql from the commandline, etc., etc., etc.

Give us more details.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas