Snort mailing list archives

help in scripts

From: "Ks, Mithun (Corporate)" <Mithun.Ks () ge com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:52:45 +0530

Hi,

could anyone guide me about this issue. In the directory cd /var/log/messages  the messages will be increasing day by
day. so once in a week we have to delete this messages file for space.
so we  are planning to write a script for automatic deletion in a week by setting in cron (timings). the doubt is where
we have to write scripts. where should we place this script( rc.d or init.d).
In which language it should be.( C or perl).

please tell me full steps....... how to start with this....  it would be very helpful if you can provide a script
(example)
Regards......
Mithun.k.s